Home Acne Treatments That Work
When you have an acne breakout, it can be quite frustrating and embarrassing. The only thing you want is a home acne treatment that will clear it up- and fast! You may have tried prescription medications and every therapy you can find without them being very effective. You may have done some online research looking for answers, but keep finding the same information over and over. While these are the best treatment for acne, they may actually fall into this latter category, you should read on, because at least one of these tips is going to be new to you.
1) Be careful with hair products you use- the ingredients will end up getting on your face as well as your hair and some could cause acne flare-ups.
2) To bring back the natural pH balance to your skin, try using apple cider vinegar. Dilute the vinegar- one part vinegar three to four parts water. Dab on your skin with a cotton ball three times daily. Allow it to sit on your skin for ten minutes and then rinse with fresh water. If this solution doesn’t work, you can raise the vinegar to water ratio, but don’t leave it on your skin very much longer than the recommended ten minutes.
3) Consuming palmetto supplements as recommended by a medical professional could help, as they regulate male hormone production. Of course, if your acne isn’t caused by an imbalance in hormones, this method will not likely be very effective.
4) Both pre-biotic and pro-biotic foods serve to increase your body’s natural defense against acne breakouts, so do whatever you can to ensure that you are consuming enough of them. Additionally, there is some research that suggests applying a pro-biotic solution topically helps to clear up acne.
5) Be careful with the skin care products you use. Be sure that you only use the ones that are perfume and fragrance free. Finding the right one for your skin will definitely involve a lot of trial and error, so when you find one- stick with it!
6) Place a clean towel on your pillow every night to keep your face clean. Though you may be one of those few people who wash their bed sheets every day, you will find that towel will help to protect your skin from things you can’t see.
7) Though lots of sun exposure can actually serve to aggravate your acne breakouts, a small amount of exposure to the sun will help your body to soak in Vitamin D, which is very beneficial to your overall health. For those who have a huge deficit of Vitamin D, supplements may help. However, for the most part, it is the rays of the sun that cause the Vitamin D to switch to a form that the body can use.
You should definitely try a few of these acne treatments at home. They work quite quickly for most people. The thing you can always remember is that the treatments for acne are nearly as numerous as acne infections themselves. So, I hope that you are able to find the right remedy for you very soon.